May 14, 2010

The Height of Fashion: Salma Hayek 5'2"


Salma looks absolutely stunning at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival in 
this burgundy number by Gucci Premiere.  (Getty Images)

Salma Valgarma Hayek-Jimenez (or "Salma Hayek" for short) is a petite celeb who originally hails from Coatzacoalcos, Mexico.  The talented actress and producer is one of the hardest working women in Hollywood and one of the most recognizable Latinas in the business.  Yet Salma still manages to maintain some semblance of normalcy in the middle of all the glitz and glamor of the silver screen.  Unlike most A-list celebs, Salma does not always enlist the help of a celebrity stylist.  Instead she has come to rely on her husband--and even on herself--to many most of her clothing selections.  This means that Salma has had her fair share of fashion "don'ts" over the years, but she always redeems herself with A++ ensembles that complement her curvy frame.  Her recent choice at the Cannes Film Festival, for example, is a clear winner!   Salma showcased Gucci's first ever foray into couture fashion when she donned this one-shoulder bordeaux silk gown with crystal embroidery.  This look is a perfect ten for Salma!  The jewel accent at the waist makes her 5'2" frame look long and lean, and the sheer draping across the bust tastefully highlights a fuller decolletage.  (OMG!  I want this dress!  I hope it's reinterpreted and sold at a reasonable price in a store near me very soon!)  Here are a few more fantastic looks from this petite celebrity inspiration . . .

Salma shows how easy it is to spice up a boring black suit!


Various shades of gray are anything but drab when worn together like Salma!

Neutrals are anything but bland in this flowing Dior gown!


A casual stroll is still a fashionable one.


Salma's Balenciaga gown is a great choice for her petite figure!


Fashion words of wisdom from Salma Hayek herself...
"In my world, you have to be so beautiful, so skinny, so rich, so famous and I don't believe you really have to be any of those things. You simply have to be who you are. I do have thighs and a butt. I have cellulite. Don't be too impressed with me. Don't try to dress like me or wear your hair like mine. Find your own style. Don't spend your savings trying to be someone else. You're not more important, smarter, or prettier because you wear a designer dress. I get them free and I'm too lazy to go out and look for my own. I, a rich girl from Mexico, came here with designer clothes. And one day, when I was starving in an apartment in Los Angeles, I looked at my Chanel blouses and said, 'If only I could pay the rent with one of these.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment